How to fix webcam not being detected on Sony VAIO laptop issue?
Did you connect the webcam to your Sony VAIO laptop only to realize that the icon has suddenly vanished from the desktop? Did your Sony VAIO laptop fail to detect the webcam you just connected to it? Well, don’t worry; you aren’t the only one struggling with this issue. This problem has bothered several VAIO users and the same issue must have cropped up on your PC too. We’ll help you uncover the best possible solution, which you can easily carry out.
Each Sony VAIO model has its own unique features, which makes it different from its counterparts. It also depends on the operating system that you have installed on your laptop. Therefore, compile this information and keep it handy before you sit down to resolve the errors.
To troubleshoot the webcam not getting detected issue, start by restarting your PC. It has been observed that most of the time, even a simple restart can fix the issues that does not require deep-down scrutinizing of the PC. However, if the problem still persists you will have to remove the webcam driver and restart the laptop again.
In order to first remove the software of the webcam, follow these following simple steps:
- Open the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Control Panel’.
- Select ‘Hardware and Sound’.
- Click on ‘Device Manager’ under ‘devices and printers’.
- On the ‘Device Manager’ screen, click on ‘Imaging devices’.
- Here, select your devices located in this area and select ‘Action’. A drop down menu will appear.
- Click on ‘Uninstall’. A prompt message will appear to let you know that you are about to delete a device.
- Click on ‘OK’ to confirm the deletion.
- Reopen the ‘Start’ menu and click the arrow, which is next to the shutdown button.
- Select ‘Restart’ on the menu that appears.
Once the uninstall process is complete, go back to the Desktop to view the webcam icon. If the driver issue was what was prompting the error, removing the same would resolve it completely and you should be able to now view the icon. However, if you are still unable to find the icon and the Sony VAIO laptop is still not detecting the webcam, you will have to seek professional support to be able to fix it. Keep our toll free numberÂ 1 877 382 1570 to give us a call anytime you need technical assistance.