Steps to perform System Recovery on Sony VAIO PC with Windows 8
Is your Windows 8 based Sony VAIO PC going through system malfunctions or problems causing damage to your system files, installed applications, Registry and even the system settings?Â You may require performing System Recovery on your PC.
What is System Recovery?
System Recovery is the perfect way to restore your computer's state to that previous setting in which it was working fine.
There are times when even a small error while installing a program or a driver can cause certain changes to the operating system, making it behave abruptly. Generally, removing these programs from your PC should eliminate the issue, but if it doesn't, then system recovery becomes the only way out. It rolls back the Windows OS to its previous settings by removing the changes made. Once you are through with the process, your system will start working as it used to, prior to the changes.
How to perform System Recovery?
Performing System Recovery with Windows 8 on your Sony VAIO PC is a step-by-step process. To make the process simpler for you, we have brought for you the steps that you can follow:
- Open your Windows 8 Start screen.
- Click or tap on the 'Search' icon.
- Enter 'VAIO' in the search box.
- Select the 'VAIO Care (desktop)' option from the list.
- Go to 'Advanced Tools' and select the 'Restore and Recovery' option.
- Under the 'Recovery' section, select 'Recover or Maintain your System' option.
- Click 'Yes' in the dialog box that is asking you whether you want to continue.
- Now the VAIO display box will appear on your screen. Select the layout of your keyboard.
- Select the 'Troubleshoot' option, and then go to the 'Recovery and Maintenance' option.
- Click the 'Windows 8' icon appearing under 'Recovery Tool'.
- Next, select 'Start Recovery Wizard' option to begin the process.
- The confirmation dialog box will appear. Select 'Yes', and click on the 'Start Recovery' button to continue the recovery process.
- Restart your Sony VAIO PC once the system recovery process completes.
Once you have successfully completed the recovery process, all your system changes will be reversed.
System Recovery is designed to restore system settings, but it cannot recover your personal files that were deleted accidently. So, to be on the safer side, it is recommended that you create a backup for all your personal files and important data so that you do not lose them. Once the backup is created, refer to the above steps to initiate the System Recovery process.