Tech support to resolve Sony® laptop turns off issue
When you start your Sony laptop, it works fine for a certain time, but suddenly it shuts down on its own without any connection to what you do. When a laptop shuts down randomly, it clearly indicates overheating issue or a battery malfunctioning issue or it requires a software or BIOS (Basic Input-Output) update.
Points given below might help you detect the actual cause of sudden turns off in your Sony laptop:
- At first, you should check for BIOS updates given on the SONY website
- Check for Operating System updates
- Check for the air vents if they are not obstructed leading to cause overheating issue due to which your laptop shuts down at a sudden. To get away with this issue, you can open all hatches and blow out any area having access to compressed air. This should fix any issue causing any sort of obstruction in air vents.
- Check the battery, which may not be able to hold a complete charge. Unplug your laptop and use the battery until it runs out. Once it is discharged completely, turn off your laptop and recharge the battery till it shows full. Repeat this process for at least three times.
You can go for any of the below given options for easy solution to your problem:
- You can slightly elevate the back portion of your laptop for uninterrupted air flow. You can also go for a cooling station for your laptop or can turn it off at night for better cooling procedure.
- If any power cable or your laptop has started smoking or sparking, it would be better to cease using the laptop immediately. If you encounter any such problem, call your laptop’s manufacturer for immediate tech support as it cannot be rectified by any normal computer user.
If your problem is still left unresolved, you can immediately get in touch with our iYogi tech professionals by just dialing our toll free number. They will provide instant tech support to your problem without giving much trouble to your laptop.